VE.Bus (BMS) Battery Management System
Protects Each Individual Cell Of A Victron Lithium Ion Phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) Battery
Each individual cell must be protected against overvoltage, under voltage, and over temperature. Victron LiFePO4 batteries have integrated balancing, temperature and voltage control (BTV) and connect to the VE.Bus BMS with two M8 circular connector cords sets. The BTV's of several batteries can be daisy chained. Up to ten batteries can be paralleled and up to four batteries can be series connected (BTV's are simply daisy-chained) so that a 48V battery bank of up to 3000Ah can be assembled. The BMS will:
• Shut down or disconnect loads in case of an imminent cell under voltage,
• Reduce charge current in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature (VE.Bus products only) and
• Shut down or disconnect loads in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature.
Protects 12V,24V And 48V Systems
The operating voltage range of the BMS: 9 to 70V DC.
Communicates With All VE.Bus Products
The VE.Bus BMS connects to a Multiplus, Quattro or Phoenix Inverter with a standard RJ45 UTP Cable. Other products, without VE.Bus can be controlled.
The Load disconnect output is normally high and becomes free-floating in case of an imminent cell under voltage. Maximum current: 2A
The Load disconnect output can be used to control:
• The remote on/off of a load, and/or
• The remote on/off of an electric load switch (Battery Protect)
The Charge Disconnect output is normally high and becomes free-floating in case of an imminent cell over voltage or over temperature. Maximum current: 10mA
The Charge Disconnect output can be used to control:
• The remote on/off of a charger and/or
• A Cyrix-Li-Charge relay and/or
• Enabled (Blue): VE.Bus products are enabled.
• Cell>4V or temperature (Red): Charge disconnect output low because of an imminent cell over voltage or over temperature.
• Cell>2.8V (Blue): Load disconnect output high
Material and Colour: ABS, matte black
Dimensions: 105mm (H) x 78mm (W) x 32mm (D)
Safety: EN 60950