Filax 2 Transfer Switch 110V/50Hz - 120V/60Hz
Note: Image used for demonstration purposes.
Filax 2: The Ultra-Fast Transfer Switch
The Filax has been designed to switch critical or sensitive loads, such as computers, industrial controls or modern entertainment equipment from one AC source to another. The priority source typically is the mains, a generator or shore power. The alternative source typically is an inverter. With its switching time less than 20 milliseconds, sensitive loads will continue to operate without disruption. The filax is not intended to supply high power household equipment like washing machines or electric motors.
Open Transition Transfer
The Filax is an open transition (break before make) transfer switch. The maximum load transfer time is 16ms.
The load is normally supplied by the priority source and is transferred to the alternate source if:
• The voltage of the priority source drops below the threshold value.
• The frequency of the priority source drops below the low-frequency threshold value or increases beyond the high-frequency threshold value.
Reverse transfer from the alternate source to the priority source is initiated when the priority source has operated within the voltage and frequency reverse switching limits during 30 seconds.
1. Install the Filax in a dry, well - ventilated area.
2. The input cables from the generator/mains, the inverter and the output cables to the appliances should be connected according to the wiring diagram (see datasheet).
3. If a load of fewer than 850 watts is connected, then the wire bridges should be removed.
4. The frequency (50Hz or 60Hz) is set with a jumper. 50Hz no jumper placed. 60hz jumper placed. If the jumper is not set to the frequency the voltage switching threshold levels will be incorrect.
5. Both inputs must be protected against current levels higher than 16 amps.
6. The front of the casing is attached using the four supplied screws.
7. The filax is now ready for use.
Load supplied by priority source: Yellow
Load supplied by alternate source: Yellow
Priority source fault: Red
Material and Colour: ABS RAL 7035
Protection category: IP65
Dimensions: 120mm (H) x 255mm (W) x 75mm (D)
Safety: EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29