PRODUCT CODE: CYR010230410
The LiFePO4 Battery: Preventing Cell Under Voltage, Over Voltage And Over Temperature
The first line of protection is cell balancing. All Victron LiFePO4 batteries have integrated cell balancing.
The second line of protection consists of:
• shut down of the load in case of an imminent cell under voltage, and
• shut down or reduction of the charging current in case of an imminent cell overvoltage, high temperature (>50_C) or low temperature (<0_C). The VE.Bus BMS is the core of the second protection line. However, not all loads or chargers can be controlled directly by the VE.Bus BMS. In order to shut down such loads or chargers several VE.Bus BMS controllable Cyrix switches are available.
The functionality of the Cyrix-Li-ct is analogous to the Cyrix-ct. The Cyrix-Li-ct will parallel connect a lead acid starter battery and a LiFePO4 battery with 30 seconds delay:
• If the Charge Disconnect output of the VE.Bus BMS is high, and
• If it senses 13,7 V (resp. 27,4 V) or more on one of its power terminals.
The Cyrix will disengage immediately:
• When its control output becomes free-floating, signalling cell overvoltage or cell over-temperature, and/or
• When the battery voltage drops below 13,2 V.
• Start assist function: a short positive pulse will close the relay during 30 seconds A built-in transient voltage suppressor will limit the voltage spike that may occur when the Cyrix suddenly disengages due to cell overvoltage or over temperature.
Protection category: IP54
Dimensions: 48mm (H) x 48mm (W) x 80mm (D)